Prosperity is a State of Mind

Consciously creating money, prosperity and abundance using metaphysical & spiritual principles such as the Law of Attraction is the focus of this blog. You'll find many great tips, articles, website links, radio talk show guests & personal experiences here. Visit The Isle Of Light online spiritual center and free monthly newsletter at http://www.theisleoflight.com. The Isle Of Light Internet radio talk show airs 24/7 on Live365 and is located at: http://www.live365.com/stations/avalon22.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, New York, United States

Chyrene, named by her father Ed Pendleton (journalist, radio & television news personality), was born in Maine and spent her early years and education in Japan where she learned the art of meditation, studied the Bible and expressed herself through art. By the age of 10 she became very knowledgable in spirituality & metaphysics and began teaching. She has volunteered throughout her life for several humanitarian & spiritual organizations and is currently the national coordinator for the global, Planetary Activation Organization. Chyrene holds a college degree in Computer Science. She also graduated from the School of Metaphysics in Colorado. She teaches workshops on many topics, including prosperity, lectures and publishes articles in both mainstream and newage publications.  Chyrene Pendleton is the owner of The Isle Of Light and editor of a free, online spiritual and metaphysical newsletter also called The Isle Of Light. She is a certified television show producer, co-producing The Isle Of Light television talk show in Denver, Colorado, which continues to air biweekly.  She is also the producer and host of The Isle Of Light Internet radio talk show which airs 24/7.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Any Results To Share With This Technique?


So, how have you been doing with "faking it until you make it"? Did you try this technique for at least 24 hours? If so, please share your results!

Several years ago in college, I wanted this particular job because it paid exceptionally well, the location was ideal, the hours were perfect and allowed me to go to school full-time as well as run my part-time business, it was in my computer science field, it had numerous benefits, etc. It seemed "too good to be true" and the one open position was advertised in a major newspaper for thousands to see.


Since I really wanted this job, I began to "act as if" I already had it as I prepared for the interview. During the interview as I was shown around the premises, I practiced "seeing" myself working there as vividly as I could. I made sure I took in all of the details so I could bring it into my visualizations at home. When the interview was over, I "knew" I had the job although the person interviewing me clearly didn't like me. I worked there happily through college and afterwards until I attracted a better opportunity and I started this process all over again.

I just want you to know that it really does work and it works continuously if we practice this each day. What happens when we act or pretend as if we did get that job or career or anything we want, is that we draw it to us very quickly, like a magnet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Raine Devries said...

I appreciate you posting that -- I really needed to have my mind refreshed because I have been very negligent lately about my visualization and I really need it right now -- but isn't that always the case when you slack off!

Sun Feb 05, 12:29:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Chyrene Pendleton said...

You're welcome Raine and you're correct, we all need to keep exercising our sixth-sensory muscles!
Thank you for your comment. :)

Sun Feb 05, 03:24:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger -Kami- said...

Well I can say that this has definitely worked for me... twice! One particular job that I wanted was very difficult for me to obtain with little work experience. I told myself I was an employee of that business continuously. I also put the job title under my online profiles. During the interview, I found the supervisor recognized me from when I was 15 years old. She adopted a chihuahua from my mother. I did get the job. The second time it worked for me, I mostly just chanted each day "I am a _______ employee." I visualized my job duties in both circumstances. It took about a month to get the job after the last interview, but now I'm actually happy in my career.

Sat Feb 11, 10:42:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Chyrene Pendleton said...

Excellent examples Kami, thank you! This is something we all can do and it's easy too, for a job or anything else we want. :)

Sun Feb 12, 04:34:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home